How to Get a Work Permit or Visa for Singapore

Here are some essential facts you should know about Singapore if you are planning to work in this place.


Working in a foreign country requires a work permit or visa. In Singapore, your monthly salary determines whether you need to apply for an Employment Pass or a Work Visa. Employment Passes are meant for professionals who make more than $2,800 a month and Work Visas for those who make less than that amount. Employment Passes are further divided into “P” and “Q” qualifications. “P” passes are designed for professionals who make at least $4,000, while those who make between $2,800 and $4,000 will receive a “Q” classification.


Complete and sign a copy of Form 8 (Employment Pass Application Form). This document is available online on Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower website (see Resources). The form takes about a half-hour to complete and requires signatures from the applicant and the applicant’s employer or sponsor. The sponsor company’s stamp or seal is also required on the application forms. Make three copies of Form 8.


Submit the completed application forms, along with a copy of the information page of your passport and your diploma or educational certificates. Annex A on Form 8 lists other copied documents that need to be included with the application form. These documents are subject to the type of job you’ll be performing in Singapore or the need for Dependent Passes. The application can be submitted to the Singapore Immigration and Registration office or any Ministry of Manpower approved SignPost location.


Pay the required administration fees when submitting your application. Additional fees must be paid after the assessment phase.


See more:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *